Solar – General Laborer
The general laborer in the WWS Solar Division performs tasks involving physical labor at solar energy projects. The position conducts weed abatement along the solar arrays with a weed eater and/or sickle stick for up to 8 hours a day. This includes gripping and using both hands to activate the throttle lever and holding the equipment to conduct weed abatement.
Employees in the solar technician position should expect to:
- Be exposed to ambient temperatures while working outdoors.
- Conduct maintenance of equipment (changing blades, fueling, lubrication, etc.)
- Lift and move equipment as needed (up to 45 lbs)
- Handle and dispose of trash, weeds, and other debris on-site
- Operate a variety of hand and power tools
- Clean and prepare sites